Personal Umbrella Insurance
A personal umbrella policy is an affordable way to increase your liability limits. If you’re involved a major auto accident or if someone gets injured on your property, you could be sued for damages well beyond the liability coverage provided by your Home and auto insurance policies.
Important Details to consider:
- Keep in mind that your umbrella policy will pay your legal expenses even if a claim is never paid.
- Ask if there are additional discounts on your home or auto insurance if you also purchase an umbrella policy.
- An umbrella policy is intended to protect your assets. Talk with your advisor about what umbrella liability limit might be appropriate for you.
Personal Umbrella insurance can be applied to events like: Car accidents, accidental injuries on your property, accidents involving your boat, or ATV, golf course injuries, defense fees and other legal costs, personal injury coverage for claims of libel or slander, acts of children or pets.
Flood insurance can be confusing. It is excluded from most homeowners policies and the premium for purchasing coverage can vary wildly depending on your location on the floodplain map.
Important details to consider:
- Floodplain you are in.
- Understand the limited coverages
- Ask about what the FEMA definition of a flood is.
- Is an “elevation certificate” necessary for you to obtain for your property
Let us help you insure your: